Pretty Little Liars: Aria and Sara Harvey are Both Creepy


Just what the hell is going on in Rosewood?!!! And why should I care about Ali's love life?

Credit:abcfamily

Here marks the third episode of PLL "Songs of Experience." Last week was kind of boring filler I thought, but I get that they had to show the girls being with their family as that would be realistic after their dollhouse ordeal.

"Songs of Experience" starts off with the girls headed back to school , well except they all ditch Hanna who is only one waiting outside of Rosewood High. Hanna runs into Dr. Sullivan and realizes they all could use a talk with a therapist. The girls all talk on the phone with each other about the possibility 'A' may not be Andrew because he was in school with them past two years and how would he have time to feed a caged hostage basically.

Instead of going to school Aria- takes it upon herself to research Andrew with a little help from Ezra. Guess what... they found out he was adopted. So in that case maybe Andrew and Charles could be one in the same. Right?

Emily- Decides to stay home and take care of "feral" Sara Harvey who seems skittish with thought of being left alone.

Spencer- Fights with Ali and tells her she doesn't think her father is being honest in saying he doesn't know of any Charles DiLaurentis. Ali then throws herself a pity party about everything being her fault. Wah. Cry me a river.

Ali runs into Lorenzo, Toby's new partner and he tells her she should help lead a soccer team. Ya know because apparently being able to kick a soccer ball back to someone qualifies you to coach children. (Ya right) Ali says being the leader of girls hasn't worked out for her so well. No kidding! I don't really understand why we should care about a new possible love interest for Ali. Like really who freaking cares! Toby even tells Spencer to keep Lorenzo and Ali apart. He wants to protect Lorenzo because Ali only uses people and he still doesn't trust her.  No way do I believe any of the girls really trust Ali either deep down.

I also am wondering why Aria seems more desperate then the rest of them for Charles and Andrew to be the same person...

Spencer confronts Jason about everything she knows about Charles DiLaurentis. At first Jason says he doesn't know anyone of that name, until he remembers he had an imaginary friend name "Charlie" but thinks it's just a coincidence. Ali and Jason's dad said Charlie had to go away. Seems dumb and hokey I know but Spencer makes a point in saying why wouldn't Ali's dad just say it was an imaginary friend if he didn't have anything to hide. OK, I can kind of get on board with this I guess, still weird though. Although I guess you could convince a young child it was an imaginary friend. (But really it could be that this other little boy is Jasons' brother that got sent away for some reason we don't know yet.) (Aria also later finds a picture stashed in a button jar at the DiLaurentis house of the same photo they saw at the dollhouse of two boys and Mrs. DiLaurentis holding baby Ali.)

Meanwhile all the other girls are waiting for Spencer to arrive so they can all see Dr. Sullivan and talk about what happened to them in the dollhouse. Just as they are about to go in Spencer explains everything she had learned from Jason. They don't get a chance to talk to Sullivan however because they get a video with a sleeping Sara Harvey warning them not to talk about what happened to them or else Sara Harvey will get killed I'm guessing. The video tells them they have 30 seconds to leave Dr. office. I always think when they get these messages of some sort or the other from "A" why don't they just not follow what message says and see what happens? (I also hate this Sara Harvey storyline it is so boring and badly acted. I want Mona back!)

The girls are back at Emily's house when her mom comes home and tells girls Andrew is being released since he had an alibi for night Mona was kidnapped and was having his appendix removed when Sara Harvey was said to have disappeared. They all realize after running into Andrew when he is leaving police station that Andrew along with the rest of them have been set up yet again by "A." They realize once they all confront what they were told to do in dollhouse flipping switches to "punish" one of the other girls that it was all a mind game and no one actually got hurt. It was just psychological torture to show them there was a point that they would torture one another.

By episode end Ali and Jason confront their father and ask him who is the other little boy in the family photo. Obviously in true Pretty Little Liars fashion we don't get to hear the answer to the question yet, as camera pans out and we see a figure (A?) in bushes watching Ali, Jason and Mr. D. Does anyone else find it weird that Mr. DiLaurentis yelled at Jason he doesn't get to talk to him that way after everything Jason had done to the family. Um, what would that be am I forgetting about something from earlier seasons or is this something we don't know yet as the viewer?


My Bottom Line: The two things that really pissed me off and left me with the most questions both had to do with Aria.

First off why would Aria go after Andrew so hard and be so hard set on being convinced Andrew was Charles if she was just then going to basically apologize and be all bashful when she actually sees him? This makes absolutely no sense to me and the other girls don't even question her.

Then near end of episode we see Aria with a very creepy, knowing look on her face taking pics in her room of a doll among other things. We see her looking at same pic she is taking earlier in episode on her computer. Was this an old personal photo? It obviously feels like a bit of foreshadowing. Why is Aria being so freaking creepy? Do the producers want to make us think Aria could be a helper of "A."

Other then Aria being weird I really enjoyed the episode. I'm still not willing to believe the idea of Andrew being a bad guy is completely out of the question. Is he "A"? Most likely not, obviously at this point.

I have read comments on Facebook PLL threads that have been quite interesting on the Aria front. One I read said something about Aria possibly being "A", while I wouldn't go that far maybe she is a helper to "A."
Why you might be asking... I read a comment that said Aria has a dissociative disorder so that she doesn't realize she is "A." While this may be far fetched something is definitely off with Aria and if you go back and watch earlier seasons you can see plenty of other moments where she seems very sketchy.

Mostly so far my only Aria related theory is just that she is off and something bigger may be at play here when it comes to her character on the show. Regardless, there is only one more season after this as they have said the show is over at the end of season seven. So we should maybe hopefully have a better more concrete idea of who "A" really is come early season 7. Please!



What did  you think about Episode 3 of Pretty Little Liars?

I want to hear your theories so feel free to leave them in the comment section for me.




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment