Broad City: Funny and More Clever Girls


Broad City: Hilarious Girls that got their start on YouTube and now recently wrapped up season two of their Comedy Central show.


Credit: Comedy Central



 My summer TV viewing has been pretty boring as of late other then maybe Sunday Nights. I am finished with Season three of Orange is the New Black and now really want to just laugh my ass off. If you have not seen Broad City or want to revisit it, what better time then the summer when not much else is on? Broad City is a Comedy Central show that is in my opinion kind of a sister show to Workaholics which I also love. This pot smoking, raunchy, Oprah loving duo got their start on YouTube. Abbi and Ilana are best friends living in New York City  who any girl would love to be friends with. Well only if your awesome! Broad City shows everything from the horrors of being a cleaner at a gym to having a sex-crazed roommate. It hits it's mark spot on and is just the right mix of raunchy shock value and original hilarity in general.



Here is a clip via YouTube of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer on The Daily Show.


Most of the time while watching this show I feel like I'm just watching two friends hang out in New York city, which I guess it pretty much is. But I love watching Abbi and Ilana deal with awkward situations whether it's with weird co-workers or someone they are dating. Hannibal Buress is hilarious as Ilana's sometimes love interest and his one liners are really what takes the show up a notch in my eyes. Abbi and Ilana don't take themselves too seriously (or serious at all really) and that plays out with a let's not give a F- attitude that seems genuine with these actresses. 

A few of my favorite scenes from episodes are: Ilana becoming obsessed with someone that could be her doppelganger. Abbi's obsession with a neighbor, well until she finally is about to have sex with him but gets weirded out when he whips his strap-on out of his dresser. I love when Ilana purposely and in an obvious fashion spills red wine all over herself to avoid sitting by people she used to know at a restaurant. And  the episode where Kelly Rippa and Ilana get stoned (I shit you not!) when she returns Kellp Rippa's missing jacket from a venue Abbi and her were working as coat check girls. Also when Abbi has her wisdom teeth pulled and Ilana steals Abbi's pain pills and gets high instead of taking care of her which she had offered to do.

This show isn't really about any one specific thing, that's what makes it so fun. It is kind of like Workaholics in the way that you really don't even have to watch in any episode order you could even skip around if you want. Broad City is a good idea for binge watching it only has two seasons and its only a half hour long show but it's good to kill a week with and it's light fare and hilarious. (Which is personally what I need right now.) I love all the walk and talks they do probably because I love shows that do that  like Gilmore Girls. 


My Bottom Line: This duo are perfect at what they do and this is one of the funniest shows on TV. I love shows that are just fun and don't take things seriously. Abbi and Ilana navigate through New York and life in general with a carefree demeanor and get themselves in some truly awkward and entertaining situations along the way. I look forward to many more seasons. (Well hopefully) I wonder what trouble Ilana and Abbi will get themselves into next. I am binge watching this as we speak to pass the time of my week seeing as it is 112 degrees where I live in AZ and I can't really go outside much lol. 



What is your favorite show to binge watch? 


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment