1.) [Lorelai answers her cell phone]
Lorelai: Hello?
Emily: You get over here right now!
Lorelai: Who is this?
Emily: This is you in twenty years! "Who is this?", I swear!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238784/quotes?item=qt0481433
3.)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bac623a80e1845a80a282573ea390992/tumblr_mwq8wgr8AL1spwfwfo1_500.gif
4.)
*So I had to add this because this is just one of my favorite moments of the show.
5.)
Last but not least one of my favorite Lorelai and Rory moments. I knew it was gonna be hard to just pick five and it was even harder then I could imagine. I love the whole show there is not one thing I will ever not love about Gilmore Girls.
Now for the music, bear with me through some more videos :)
1.) Sam Phillips: I fell in love with her music through the show. Her voice and music are featured through every episode in the background "la la's" you hear. And pretty much if not all of her songs have been played at one point or another. Oh and I totally cried while watching this video below.
source:https://www.youtube.com/user/DanyGilmore
2.) XTC: I grew up listening to this band so I am impartial to this one. Some of their best songs appear in Gilmore Girls like "Then She Appeared" and "I'm the Man Who Murdered Love" being among them. Great band! If you are into music but have never heard of them definitely check them out.
(Here's one of my favorite moments an XTC song is featured in Gilmore Girls.)
3.) David Bowie: Bowie is heard a couple of times throughout show my favorite being when "Suffragette City" is being played on a boom box in Luke's Diner.
4.) The Shins: They were just getting pretty popular when they were heard and actually seen here on the show in an episode where Rory and Paris go on spring break in their first year at college.
5.) Grant Lee Phillips: I was reminded of him just the other day when my husband and I were painting our daughters room and one of his songs came on a shuffle list on Pandora. I said to my hubby, "Hey what was his name again, I should feature him on my Top5 favorite musicians from Gilmore Girls." And my hubby was all like "Duh, don't you remember he was the town troubadour in Gilmore?" I can't believe I had almost forgotten he was actually in the show!
My Bottom Line: Yeah, Yeah I know I did this last week too but I'm glad I've gotten to write about something so special that has shaped a huge chunk of mine and my families lives and traditions. (Like watching Gilmore Girls with my whole family at Christmas.) I also felt bad last week because (in my first post jitters) I had failed to mention basically the most central living character of the show: Stars Hollow! The small town in which the show takes place that actually really made me want to live in a small town. ( Maybe even that town specifically one day lol.) Funny story; when I was 20 I actually almost cried when my Mother-in-Law and husband told me it was filmed on a lot. Yeah I know I'm a total dweeb but I really hadn't watched much television before then so don't hold it against me too much.
New Obsession: Younger: Believe it or not my hubby introduced me to this show. He mentioned it while we were cooking dinner and asked me if I had heard of it and that Sutton Foster (or as he had said "that lady from that Bunheads show you used to watch.") was in it. I was all yeah okay the thing with Hilary Duff too? I had just heard about it on Facebook a few weeks before watching. I figured it was time to give it a shot even though I normally wouldn't cuz I'm kind of a channel snob. Is that a thing? Well in any case even though I had never watched anything on TVLand I figured I'd give it a chance because I adore Sutton Foster. Younger is a quirky, fun to pass the time with type of show, sure it's no The Goldbergs but it's not bad. The plot is a bit different if you haven't seen stuff like Drew Barrymore's Never Been Kissed. The plot is basically a middle aged, newly divorced mother off to restart her career in the PR business world. Liza ( Sutton Foster) soon realizes in a social media, young, hip world she knows nothing about she can't get hired and she just basically figures it's because of her age. (I'm not entirely sure they ever really state why she has come to that conclusion.) Her best friend (Debi Mazar) suggests why not just pretend to be 26 so she can then obtain her dream job? (Seeing as her BFF is awesome and tells her she can totally pull off being 26!) Which no matter how much I'm in love with Sutton I don't agree with lol. This show however also got me thinking. Is this a bit sexist? Ageist for sure! But I guess I can turn my brain off and enjoy the show. If not just for the pure fact that I can't wait to see how all her new co workers, friends and hot boy toy ( Nico Tortorella ) catch her in the lie that is sure to eventually come out.
My Bottom Line: While this is short and sweet, I'm not sure where the show will will/can go when Liza's age secret is discovered. I like the hot guy in it and of course I can't say enough great things about Sutton Foster and Debbie Mazar but I'm not sure if it will hold my interest past a season or two. I'm not really obsessed with this show so only reason I put it in this category is cuz it's new or newish.
Reality: Dancing with the Stars: Week 8: America's Choice
I was still pretty pissed from last week because Willow and Mark got shockingly eliminated. My daughter actually implied to me last week that Willow's exit was basically our fault seeing as we don't go on-line to vote lol. This week America got to pick the songs and dances they thought the remaining couples should do. The couples also had to do a trio dance in the double elimination week. Although they were all pretty awesome this week the only couples that it would be fair to be up for elimination are Noah and Sharna, Chris and Witney, and Robert and Kym. (Yes even though we finally got to see Robert and Kym kiss!) I think the rest of the talent in Rumer and Val, Riker and Allison, and Nastia and Sasha/Derek are just too great to be ignored. A few things I could have done without this week however: Bruno falling out of his chair, a most likely drunk Carrie-Ann and Derek's Gladiator costume, which I agree with his sister Julianne was ridiculous. My personal favorite dance would probably have to be Nastia's, Sasha and Dereks mostly because the set and song but its good to see her having fun and not her sour puss attitude we see in the packages.
My Bottom Line: Okay so I just quickly read about who goes home on double elimination night. I seriously couldn't wait. Drum roll...sorry just joking no drum roll necessary. Robert and Kym go, soon followed by Chris and Witney. My poor Chrissy cried during his exit. Sure I may have started watching the show because of him but no matter how improved he got toward the end it was time for him to go. I am glad there were truly no complete shockers in this round of eliminations unlike last week. I'll continue to tune into the last few weeks while waiting for The Bachelorette to start May 18th. If I had to bet who gets this years mirror ball though I'd put my money on Rumer and Val.
Source: IGN
Netflix Original: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: I enjoyed this show in the beginning it had a funny plot I thought. Four women get rescued from an underground bunker they had been held in since the 90's because they had been told by a crazy preacher that the Apocalypse had happened. Kimmy (Ellie Kemper) decides she doesn't want to participate in being dubbed a "Mole Woman," and decides not to go back her to her home town of Indiana but decides to stay in New York after they had just been on The Today Show. She then quickly decides to find a roommate and somehow also stumbles into a job being somewhat of a nanny to a freakishly weird (Jane Krakowski). I loved all the 90's references, how obviously naive Kimmy was (seeing as she had only had up to an 8th grade education) and her gay roommate (Tituss Burgess). What I didn't love was how the show got way too kitschy toward the end.
My Bottom Line: Okay so obviously I know this show isn't meant to be taken too seriously. I also did like how positive Kimmy was throughout the show regardless of her circumstances. It got pretty painful for me the last three episodes though. I did laugh in the beginning ; to the point of tears in some episodes.
I would say that however ridiculous this was to still give it a shot. Being a 90's kid myself I loved all the Moesha and Clueless references among others.
Binge: The Americans: If you're wondering where the espionage part of my title comes from this week, look no further. The show centers around the early 1980's and The Cold War and Russian spies. My goodness Keri Russell has indeed come along way since her Felicity days. I was slow to start falling in love with this show but once I did I really enjoyed it. I prefer to binge this if not just for the fact that if I don't I tend to get bored and lost. I was born in 1985 so when I first started watching this I would ask my Dad lots of questions about the time period. Once I understood more about what was going on I really got into the show. The Americans doesn't all just focus on espionage though; it looks at familial and marriage dynamics as well. This is another FX show I watch and in my opinion you can never really go wrong with this network. Plus I am vary impartial to Matthew Rhys because I adored him in Brothers and Sisters.
My Bottom Line: Sure there is always a lot going on in this show and it's definitely not for the faint of heart. There is a ton of crazy violence and sex like most FX shows. (I hadn't even realized the season three finale was a few weeks ago but it definitely got revived in a big way in its most recent season.) I would suggest watching this, it's definitely better then some of the new shows of the same nature that are cropping up.
** I'll be changing up my Oldie but Goodie category next week I promise. I'll be focusing on Lost in my top category next week. Which at the time being is still one of my favorite shows of all time.
Also, I am going to see Ex Machina this weekend so look for my review of that in my Sidebar which I will post Sunday... Stay tuned...

0 comments:
Post a Comment